Wednesday 6 August 2014

Test pieces for 2mm undead

Here's some test pieces for my 2mm undead army which I'll be creating by taking ordinary blocks and giving them white skeletal heads. Simple though the effect is I think it looks quite nice, they are certainly easy to distinguish from the living.


Undead cavalry, I painted them black, then added the white bits and finally gave them a wash of vallejo sepia tone to make them look a bit gloomier.

Early imperial Roman infantry repainted as skeletons. I think these will work as the main unit of the undead.

An experimental base of zombies. I used various infantry left over from chopping up blocks and glued them onto the base in a fairly random pattern. I'm not sure if I will make more of these or try to find a block that looks suitably mob-like to represent them.


This necromancer is home made from a tiny blob of green stuff. I need to carve a sliver of plastic for his scythe. The rock pile is made up of failed attempts that got squished.

On the workbench I've got some skeleton archers, chariots, eagles to paint as carrion birds and some ghosts which I've been making from transparent blobs of glue stretched into spooky shapes.

I found some loose order infantry that I think might make nice little vampires as they all have cloaks and a high quality looking banner. I am tempted to add a few tiny coffins to their base and see how that looks.

I try to do a couple of pieces of scenery for each army that I paint so for my undead force I'm going to start with some barrows and a graveyard.



No comments:

Post a Comment