Wednesday 6 August 2014

2mm elves vs orcs

I was trying out some rules tonight so I took a couple of pictures of my orcs vs elves game. Here are the forces I used.

Orcs: 7 bases of orcs, 4 bases of trolls, 2 bases of wolf chariots, 2 bases of wolfriders.

Elves: 7 bases of elven archers, 2 bases of treemen, 2 bases of spearmen, 1 base of scouts and 1 base of giant eagles.

The elves were defending some wooded hills. I covered about a fifth of the board with trees and woodland.


The turning point. The orcs needed to take this pass to get at the archers but a lone treeman blocked the way. This developed into an interesting battle with warbands charging it, not killing it and then fleeing as their nerve broke. These wolf chariots eventually did the job after it had been weakened by waves of attackers.





Almost the final turn. The elves have the spear command on the ridge and have been joined by the last of the archers (to the right). Their main hope is the convocation of eagles! The orcs have three warbands and some trolls left.

The eagles took out a warband but the trolls proved too tough for them. At the end the elves had been completely slaughtered! Because of this crushing defeat I think I'll set the next battle in deeper elven woodland.


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im curious. What rules set are you using? I love the concept

    ReplyDelete