Monday 18 August 2014

2mm knights, peasants and the new barbarians


For fantasy and medieval gaming I put together some bases of knights to see how that would look. The cavalry blocks definitely look better from a distance where their silver bodies stand out quite well. This is a block I am definitely going to come back to and repaint at some point but here they are for now.

Here's a little experiment using a different block. This one is from the horse and musket range and is supposed to represent peasants. I chose it because they have no shields and the block is quite small compared to the others. As you can see I made a start on texturing the base to make them easy to identify. An agricultural theme seemed appropriate for these tiny peasants.


I liked how they came out so I went back to my barbarians and tried to make the flesh more visible with some careful lines and dots here and there. I think a couple of minutes work on the flesh and a tiny bit of highlighting was worth doing as they were a bit too dark to see before.


When I come to do my Gauls I'm going to be a bit bolder with the colours and try out different coloured hair too. It might look like a mutli-coloured blobfest or it might just work.

No comments:

Post a Comment