Wednesday 13 August 2014

2mm earth elemental and glue top fort


I finished off the 2mm earth elemental that I made with a quick paint and drybrush. He has no real head but I painted a round bit of rock as a red eye. Crude though he is I think he has a certain rocky charm. Dipping him in grit and seeing how he came out was quite fun. The grit gives better shapes than I could carve so I will definitely be using that again for some more rocky monsters.

A fortress in boulder strewn scrubland. The fort is the top from some superglue. I tried to make it look abandoned by adding some vines (wire) to the side. The tree was another experiment, it's a dead paintbrush splayed and firmed up with glue. I still have some details to add to this like some arrow slits in the fort and perhaps some dark foliage here and there. The door is 3mm high.




No comments:

Post a Comment