Tuesday 5 August 2014

2mm fantasy barbarians

Here's the start of my 2mm barbarian army, these are for fantasy gaming rather than ancients. I tried to paint them to look like they are wearing leather armour with wooden shields. To go with them I've started on some chariots and archers.



This one's from the fantasy range; a mammoth with a howder. What self-respecting barbarian chief would ride into battle on anything less? I bought quite a few of them to use for a bit of barbarian siege warfare.

The barbarians get some air support in the form of these giant eagles. These ones are mounted on a 5p piece.

The barbarians also get the biggest monster from the 2mm range - the giant.

 I decided to make a couple of quick tiles to go with my new army. The first piece is a stone quarry on a 100mm x 100mm mdf base. As the barbarians have a bit of a stone age theme I thought this might be a useful piece for them.

 Next up is a lava pit that was made by squidging together some glue paste between two boards and pulling them apart. 2mm scale swamps can also be made in the same way.


The giant is stood next to a castle from the mighty empires board game.



No comments:

Post a Comment