Monday 4 August 2014

Spiders, hydras and hoplites

Here are some giant spiders from Irregular's 6mm fantasy range that I couldn't resist. They're surrounding some elven archers.


This hydra is also from Irregular's 6mm fantasy range and makes a good giant monster in 2mm.


 Greek hoplites vs the hydra.

Another picture of that mountain pass from the orcs post. Everything is painted using the same four or five colours blended together. I use emulsion tester pots for almost all my scenery.


 Painting 2mm isn't without its frustrations I have to admit. These hoplites were unfortunately one of them for me. This picture shows two blocks put together to give them a bit of bulk. They are holding spears and have shields. I initially tried to paint every helmet, every shield, every spear in the correct colours and pretty much achieved it but when I put the miniature on the table it looked awful. In the end I mostly just drybrushed it and then painted the shields.




No comments:

Post a Comment