Thursday 7 August 2014

2mm WW1 tanks and a trench piece

Here's a test piece of WW1 scenery I made. It's a 50x50mm MDF base with trenches carved out of some DAS clay. I used the spring from a disposable lighter for the barbed wire. The ditched biplane is by irregular miniatures. I wanted to be sure of the terrain colours before I started painting my armies in earnest.



A base of 2mm Renault FT17 tanks. I gave them the thinnest possible undercoat followed by a brown ink wash because I was scared of losing all the great detail on these tanks. I'm not sure on the final colour scheme but I think you'll agree for 2mm they are quite impressively sculpted miniatures.



These 2mm A7V tanks are crying out for some German crosses on the side, another future project.



And finally, a base of 2mm Schneider tanks. All of these tanks are easily recognisable on the tabletop. They are large enough to paint some unit markings on which I think will be well worth doing at some point.





No comments:

Post a Comment