Thursday 31 July 2014

2mm Orcs

Here's some pictures of my 2mm orc army. I really like the variety of units Irregular Miniatures have created for the orcs.


Orc wolf chariots.  Great detail on these little miniatures. I think the wolves could easily be painted up as rats or lizards as well.


 The whole orc force. Why are the trolls on hills? Because they're hill trolls of course!

Orc warband. I think I might paint a few of these up as some kind of elite ancient unit like gladiators or Greek heroes. The loose order also makes them a prime candidate for snipping off and adding to other blocks.

The orc warbands. The top of their standard is quite round so I painted it up as a skull, a dab of bright colour universally applied to blocks really makes them stand out.


Trolls moving through a mountain pass. The scenery is a test piece I made using DAS clay on a 100x100mm base.
 And here's another shot of it. DAS clay is really fun to play around with and cheap too! I found it stuck to the MDF bases without adhesive which was handy.

Orc wolf riders with nice bright standards and shields. I decided to give the orcs a darker base than the elves I've painted.

Still to do..wyvern riders (nazguls), a green dragon, some archers, goblins (hobbit base) and lots more. I might have a crack at making myself some basilisks as well.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment