Thursday 31 July 2014

2mm Elves

Here's some pictures of my 2mm elf army. These figures are by Irregular Miniatures





Elven archers (close order bowmen) based on 1p pieces. The bows have a good curve to them making them easily recognisable across the table. A simple drybrush is all you need to pick out details.



Elven scouts. I used the horses and handler from the horse and musket range and some peltasts from the ancient range to make this unique unit. In my rules they are light ambushers with the ability to quickly move into position and pepper the enemy with arrows before mounting up and retreating. Unlike horse archers they have the advantage of being able to make full use of any cover they find. I mention this only because it serves as a good example of how you can take a couple of 2mm blocks and make something different.


The whole Elven force. As you can see by the dice they are pretty tiny but high contrast colours make them easy to see. I used humbrol "matt" varnish on them which was very glossy but definitely gives them good protection. Normally a lick of liquid dullcote will deal with any glossy surface but in this case it took many coats to remove the shine from the varnish. I think I might go back to using wood varnish as that is also very tough and easier to remove the shine from.
 
 Elven warriors. The stand on the right has a commander snipped off a horse archer block.

 Treemen marching across some test terrain I made from DAS clay mounted on 50mm MDF boards. I love the treemen models but I think I might have a go at adding some more foliage at some point.

 A close up of the elf warriors. Remember, you'd have to be pretty much balancing that 1p on your nose to see them this close!



No comments:

Post a Comment